Friday 31 March 2017

Evaluation Q6- What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

I learnt many things about technologies from constructing my horror film opening, such as editing techniques, camera work and sounds.

Camera.

From creating my film, I researched and learnt about various camera angles and shots which I then put into practise during the filming process. The camera was the most important piece of technology I was using because it was capturing my project. I had never created a film before (apart from my 30 second preliminary one) so the process of taking multiple takes to capture multiple angles was new to me, however I think I managed it quite well. I used the camera on my iPhone to do it because I had experience of using it previously and I knew that it would work well for me. Before filming, I learnt how to capture various shots including: high angle, panning, tracking, low angle, close up, long shot and medium shot. By the end of the filming process, I could confidently shoot any shot type I was
aiming for.

Blogger.

Before doing this project, I had never create my own blog before, even though it was something I had previously thought about doing. At the start of this project I did not know how to use it but now after using this website for a longer time, I know about how to use it and how you can use various methods of presenting your writing on here. Blogger was where I posted all of my work and because it is online, it meant that I could access it anywhere- at home or at school, therefore it was so easy to keep all of my work in one place and not lose anything! All of my planning and research is located on here.





Editing.
I used my MacBook Pro to do all the ending and effects for my horror film opening scene. I used the software 'iMovie'. This enabled me to crop and cut the unneeded frames making my film opening scene flow as smoothly as it could, just like a professional film. I practised using this software before beginning to edit my film, so I knew exactly how to use it in order to get a the best quality finish I could.YouTube helped me a large amount in the editing process. I watched a few demonstration videos on how to use iMovie and to find out some of the shortcuts and techniques you can do to speed up the editing process without losing the quality, otherwise this would have been a very long process as editing can take several hours to get each cut precise. YouTube was especially good for my research as I was able to access and view a large selection of different horror films, to help me get ideas for my own.


Sounds.
Another programme I used was 'Garage Band' which was also on my MacBook. I used Garage Band to make my own, original soundtrack . It offered a wide variety of sound effects that I needed, however I did have to find some sound effects on YouTube and import them to Garage Band to mix with other sounds to create my soundtrack. I wanted to create a very fast paced soundtrack, for effect and suspense and Garage Band allowed me to do this as I could edit the volume of each separate sound effect to get my soundtrack just how I wanted it. This was effective because it allowed my music to be scary and therefore, helped enhance the horror theme of my film opening scene.




No comments:

Post a Comment