Friday 31 March 2017

Evaluation Q5- How did you attract/address your audience?

In my media product (horror film opening scene) I tried to appeal to  to a certain target audience which is really important to do in the opening scene. To attract the audience, I had to make sure the key features were met. I aimed to create a film (opening) targeted at teenage girls with a rating of 15 so the audience is not too restricted and I wanted to keep the category of 15-19 year olds. Once I had figured out my target audience, I had to think of the different aspects that would attract this audience and how these would help to maintain the interest of the consumer.

Sound:

- Use of sound effects including footsteps, door creaking and breathing.
- Music sets the atmosphere and comes across as creepy and creates elements of suspense.
- Silence- is seen as one of the most effective tools in horror films. I used silence in the form of having no dialogue. This meant that not much was given away in the opening and kept the viewers wanting to see more but also shows the creepy atmosphere.

Key moments that would attract/ keep the audience  the audience include:

- The dark figure that appears and then is not there when the camera changes angle.
- The figure that reappears further on- faintly in the distance and then disappears again. It is not seen in the audiences' point of view shot but is visible in the character's point of view which makes the audience wonder whether this mysterious character following the girl is really actually there.


No comments:

Post a Comment