Thursday 9 March 2017

Evaluation Q3- Who would be the audience for your media product?

I surveyed 20 people who watch horror films in order to find out about my target audience. This survey helped me decide what I needed to include in my horror film opening scene to make it appeal to my target audience. My target audience are 16-19 year olds, however this is just a guide and anyone can watch and enjoy it. Horror films are not suitable for/ aimed at under 12 year olds, so this excludes them. From the survey, I found out that ghosts scare people the most when watching horror films, therefore I included a ghosts character in my opening scene. When questioned about jump scares, 35% said hidden attacks are their favourite and scare them the most. This was the highest answer so therefore I used a hidden attack. When questioned about sounds, 40% said that diegetic sounds make a horror film scary and 60% said non- diegetic sounds, so I used non-diegetic sounds. When asked what makes a good horror film, no one said dialogue, which supported my decision to use non-diegetic sounds rather than dialogue. Gender- my film is aimed at girls, however boys would still like watching it. It’s aimed more towards girls because the main character is a teenage girl and I feel as though girls would be able to relate to the character more than boys. Age- 16-19. However, this is a guide and many people over this age would enjoy watching it as well. I feel as though the storyline is more aimed at 16-19 year olds rather than 19+, but this doesn’t mean 19+ year olds can’t watch it. This excludes under 12 year olds as horror films are un-suitable for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment