Sunday 16 April 2017

Audience Feedback

After the screening of my horror film opening scene, I gave 10 audience members a questionnaire in order for me to get feedback and honest opinions on it. The audience was a group of 16 and 17 year olds who are my target audience. Audience feedback is really important in order to find out what the audience liked and disliked and to get their opinion about the film.

Here are the questionnaires and responses that I received:










The results show that 90% of the audience said that they enjoyed the film and would watch the rest of the film after seeing the opening scene.

I filmed my opening scene in the day time and 50% said that they thought this was the wrong decision. I agree with them, however if I filmed it in the dark, the finished quality wouldn't be as good because I did not have any professional lighting to use for filming in darkness therefore you wouldn't be able to see the characters on screen.

60% said that they understood the story which is quite a low percentage. To help the audience understand the storyline, I could have maybe added another character for the main character (Emma) to talk to and express what was happening to make it clearer to the audience.

100% of the audience said that the locations were realistic enough, which is good because I spent quite a while thinking about possible locations to film in that would support the story and characters in the film.

90% said that they liked the variety and use of camera angles which i'm pleased with because I tried to include as many various camera angles as I could to make the film more interesting and to keep the audience watching, especially because the storyline was quite simple. However, 50% said that the editing interfered with their enjoyment of the film but the other 50% said that it enhanced it. I could have asked why they thought this in order to help me improve for next time.

Finally, 100% of the audience recognised it as a horror genre film, which is good because my task was to create a horror film opening and the audience recognise it as a horror film, therefore I feel I have succeeded.

2 comments:

  1. It would have been a lot more enticing to look at as graphs or pie charts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evaluation Q 4 – the history of the institution isn’t relevant to the question you are asked to comment on!
    Your film is well-executed; a good variety of shot types; steady camerawork; good framing and great sound. The first minute is probably the best bit but the part in the woods is made nicely atmospheric with the combination of shots and sound and editing all contributing to the tension.

    ReplyDelete